Sunday, March 11, 2007

3/11 - So, Steve Francis still plays basketball?


Just when most NBA fans forgot that Steve Francis still played in the league, he hit a three pointer at the buzzer to propel the Knicks over the Wizards; a game that was played in Washington, one of the hardest places to win in the NBA.

I'm not going to write too much about this today, but there are a few things that have been bothering me. For one thing, if Francis misses that shot, that is an embarassing loss. The Knicks were missing free throws down the stretch AGAIN! As some of you may know, this really bothers me since I feel there is no excuse for a professional basketball player to shoot below 80% from the line.

Also, good for you Stevie, but chill out. His celebration after the shot was uncalled for. He jumped on the scorers' table and folded his arms like he just hit a shot to win the NBA Championship. Dear Steve, this shot was the first positive thing you have done for the Knicks since coming here a little over a year ago. Don't let it go to your head. There's a long way to go here, which brings me to my next point.

At printing time, the Knicks are currently tied for the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference!!! I really think this win could be the one to bring this team to the next level. We have two games against Toronto coming up soon, and I want to win both! It would be a huge statement to take down the Atlantic Division leaders TWICE towards the end of the season. This team might actually begin to look legit.

Sorry this was an all around terrible posting with basically no structure, but it's the weekend. I'll be back tomorrow with some new stuff. Now get back to the tv and wait for those NCAA brackets to come out. P.S. - I'm picking Texas...shhhh....

No comments: